Menu
APeridot34
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

returning equipment

Having recently cancelled virgin TV, we have a box to return the equipment.  I have received a message threatening a charge if we dont return the box (bit rich since virgin still took the payment for the tv for next month and we stopped receiving the service last month).

My issue is that we are both chronically ill and are self isolating due to coronavirus so can virgin SEND someone to come and pick up the box?

Or are we to put ourselves at risk by going out to avoid a charge we cant afford to pay?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: returning equipment

Hi virgin will send the packages and labels to return them, I don't know if you have relatives or friends that can take them to a plus+ point collection point, I doubt they will alter thier policy but you never know, unfortunately they might find that lots of people are "isolated " .Regards Micky
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: returning equipment

See what the VM people say when they get here.
Strikes me though that although I dont doubt you are genuine.. if they do start doing that... then "everyone" will claim they are self isolating and demand a pick up.
Hence its unlikely.
I would suggest you pack it all up and ask a family member/carer/neighbour to drop in the post office.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos