Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

replacement tivo remote

hi

can anyone tell me why virgin is sending out secondhand remotes, the first was greasy and grimey  and the second one sent after contacting them was in no better condition being greasy and stained

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: replacement tivo remote

Hi pag151, thanks for getting in touch.

In the interest of being environmentally responsible we do use refurbished kit where possible. It certainly shouldn't be in the condition described though. 

If you'd like us to look into what happened - or arrange another replacement - feel free to send me a PM confirming your account details & we'll get back to you asap. 

Tom 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: replacement tivo remote

tom

thanks for your prompt reply and apologies in getting back to you.

i have now got three replacement remotes, all used and in varying states of filth, grime and stains etc, and i would not touch them as a health risk.

i have lodged two complaints about the filthy remotes, and in getting a third filthy remote, i have given up on virgin media customer service and sorted out the problem by purchasing a brand new remote from an online retailer.

its a bad day when a one man band trading from a self storage unit, provides a sealed, brand new remote (with two batteries) within 2 days of ordering for under a fiver.

i find it a bit mystifying that virgin media customer services cannot sort out a simple problem within three attempts.

on the bright side i must say that the virgin tv control app worked  wonderfully whilst i was without a remote, and thumbs up for that.

cheers

pag

0 Kudos