Menu
Terry2090
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

removal of virgin tv services

Hi I cancelled tv from my virgin package and I wanted to connect a freesat box onto my existing Sky satellite dish and cabling;however on checking when the virgin installer has installed virgin tv he has actually used the cabling from my sky dish and connected a virgin box to the cabling as it enters the property.My question is how do I get this box removed so as I can connect my satellite cabling to my freesat receiver.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: removal of virgin tv services

You will need to post up some photos for the tech's to see. It sounds highly unlikely. VM signals are quite distinct from Sky's BT's and Openreach - using totally different non-compatible cabling.

So VM TV/BB - signals MUST come through their own cables from the street cab to your external (brown?) omnibox, then into your house to the "boxes" for connecting to their kit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos