Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

removal of tivo box

Hi,I have just cancelled my virgin tv but still have virgin broadband, phone live and mobile, when looking to connect a freesat box to my existing sky cables, I have noticed that the virgin installer has used those sky cables, from my satellite dish directly into the virgin box.How do I reinstate those cables so that I can connect up to my freesat box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: removal of tivo box

virgin wouldn't use skys cables as they wouldn't go to the right place.

Can you explain what has been done in more detail

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I can confirm that I have followed the sky cables from the LNB down the exterior wall,then along the same wall to where they enter the lounge trough the wall.  At the point where the cable enters the property there is a brown virgin media cover on the outside wall, there are no other cables entering the brown cover, inside the property there is a small virgin media cover,white cover, on the wall. I wanted to connect the original sky cables to a freesat box, but this is now not possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

so were do the sky cables do once inside the box? have you checked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi if what you are doing is trying to connect virgin cables to freesat, obviously it won't work, you need to be connected to a dish for freesat or sky to work. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to be so brutal but have you actually read my postings,they do not say that i'm attempting to connect virgin cables to a freesat box.I have stated that the cables trace from the LNB on my satelitte dish go into a Virgin marked box and that where they enter the property there is a small white virgin box. So that it is clear I want to use the cables from my dish to connect up to a freesat box and do not understand why they go into a virgin box.
0 Kudos