Menu
jacandjock
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

reinstall v+ box

I'm helping my parents setup a second tv location and we're having issues setting up the old v+ box. My mum was told she could still use this box when they had updated to the new box. Well that was a while ago. I connected the box up and after quite a long softwate update we get an error code of 7400. I've been through all the help provided online in vain. Any help would be great.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: reinstall v+ box

Hello

I am afraid that the V+ boxes are no longer accessible on the VM network when it was upgraded then I am afraid that the  box would have been de-activated and is now obsolete, and will not be re-activated.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jacandjock,

You might be able to perform an online box swap using the following link  get-your-tivo 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

On their account do they have a second subscription for TV i.e. paying for a 2nd box, as having a 2nd box would have to be contracted.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM have now more or less shut down support for any boxes running the Liberate middleware platform (VHD & V+HD boxes). With the majority of the channels removed any recordings will also be blocked, so even if you got the box working I doubt it would be much use now.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you are getting error 7400, it's a TiVo box, not a V+.  TiVo boxes aren't obsolete so potentially can be reactivated.  Get your Mum to give Virgin Media a call. 

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jacandjock

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply. Have you got the TV issue sorted?

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos