Menu
andrew32
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

pixilation

Hi, I'm posting here hoping that it may be a means of getting a service engineer to visit rather than pursuing the phone route which is somewhat protracted - especially as it involves me remembering a password that I haven't used in years...  I can find no direct e-mail link to report it either.

Pixilation has been a problem for some time on my tv via the virgin set top box - have followed the officially suggested procedures repeatedly but these have not helped - suspect possible input cable damage.

Is there a virgin employee monitoring this entry that can help me please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: pixilation

You may not like some of this answer, but here goes anyway...

Firstly the stock answer. If you've rebooted your box once and it persists, then pixellation is (more often than not) symptomatic of a signal fault. The fix is to identify the source of that fault and fix it. It could be your box, it could be cabling, that's for VM to work out.

@andrew32 wrote:

I can find no direct e-mail link to report it either.[snip]

Is there a virgin employee monitoring this entry that can help me please?

VM have never had email or online fault reporting, and this is primarily a user-community forum. VM staff do monitor this forum, but their priority is to focus on posts where community-based support can't resolve an issue - it's not to replace telephone-based fault reporting.

You are, unfortunately, recommended to call VM on 150 (or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) and speak to a faults agent. If you disregard the numerous attempts that the IVR makes at encouraging you off the line (press for a text message, press to go online etc), you should be able to join the faults queue.

If one box reboot hasn't fixed your issues, then - given your comment about cabling - the correct outcome in your case IMO is an engineer visit to check all your cabling (if necessary) back to the street cabinet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks