Menu
JohnR12
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

picture breaking and pixalating

I have a TiVo box and some nights the picture quality is rubbish pixalating and breaking up, I have tried all the methods like rebooting and checked all the cables and HDMI , 

I have read it is the TiVo box or a network issue and a common fault , so when is virgin going to sort this problem out, l live in the Bournemouth area, and it is quite annoying when trying to watch a evenings TV, 

It's a shame as there are a lot of good programmes on virgin, and I def dont want to go to sky

Any comments from virgin would be very helpful thank you 

John

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture breaking and pixalating

Hi JohnR12,

Since you've been restarting your set top box and the pixellation and  picture breakup keep occurring then it  indicates there's a fault causing your poor TV signal.  This could be due to your wiring, however you also say you've checked this too.

You need to contact faults. VM may offer to send a signal which won't help the issue, as a quick reboot may remove the pixellating but it will return.

When phoning, ignore the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc . If you don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem. 

They might offer to send a new set top box, which probably won't help. Insist on an engineer visit so they can check the cabling internal and external and fine tune the signals. The engineer will carry a spare set top box if he decides one is needed.

It's best to call first thing in a morning at 8am when lines are least busy, or late afternoon/tea time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture breaking and pixalating

@JohnR12 wrote:

I have read it is the TiVo box or a network issue and a common fault , so when is virgin going to sort this problem out, l live in the Bournemouth area, and it is quite annoying when trying to watch a evenings TV, 

I'll only add to newapollo's advice..

Pixellation is how any digital TV system handles poor TV signals, and by their nature these tend to affect single users or sometimes small pockets of users.

If those single users don't report their faults or "suffer in silence", then Virgin tend not to know there's a fault and can't deal with it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JohnR12
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture Pixelation

Still trying to get thru to virgin re the above, have tried all the reboots and checking the cables, 

Does anyone know what the fault is, I been told the signal is at fault?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture Pixelation

@JohnR12  You'd started a new post rather than "replying" to your existing one, not to worry I've merged them together for you 🙂

You need to call Virgin Media faults to resolve this, as per previous advice. 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" and speak to a faults agent.

They are most likely going to need to arrange an engineer visit or box replacement.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos