Menu
Kitters19
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

overheating with connection error codes

So we have an old TIVO box - when watching ANYTHING on demand it plays for about 10 minutes then various errors (W01, 602......... appear).  This has been ongoing for about 8 months and so frustrating...

Followed the promts here to reset (on/off etc) - box is red hot also - it's not enclosed and we've not been watching TV all day - is this normal - not usually had cause to touch it...

Is it because it's old?  Is it dangerous?

Don't want to call in case I'm presured into buying another package that I can't watch?!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: overheating with connection error codes

Do you have any problems with live TV viewing, or is it only OnDemand that's affected?

Which type of TV box do you have - is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, you can check here - the boxes do connect to the internet differently so some advice can differ.

If it's a TiVo box, then I'd especially recommend you call in and report the fault, as it really shoudn't be behaving like that - and I'm quite impressed with your putting up with it for 8months, I'd be complaining quite vocally after 8 days!! Do you also have Virgin broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kitters19
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - we don't regularly watch TV, (or on demand) but extremly frustrating when we can't... plus trying to connect to a human is impossible...

It's a Tivo box (not V6) and usually only noticed on demand programmes. Yes we have Virgin broadband also.

The service is expensive as it is, so not having access not the ability to speak to someone is annoying.... but enough is enough 8 months on 🙂

Many thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The reason I mentioned about VM broadband, is that's one of the prerequisites for having the newer Virgin box, the V6.

There's also a strong chance that if you've had the box that long, you could be on an outdated bundle and may well be able to negotiate a newer package that could be cheaper as well as include a V6 box swap. You certainly don't lose anything by asking!

And you're right, 8 months of poor service is bad... but if you've not reported it to Virgin, there's a good chance they don't know you have a fault. So that's not really Virgin's fault until you give them a chance to put it right....

Forum staff pick thest posts up after a few days and may be able to attend to your service fault. If you want to look at a new package, that's best done over the phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos