Menu
Ssheridan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

on demand issue

Recently whenever I watch either from on demand or Netflix they play for 10 minutes and the crash saying 'We're having trouble playing this title at the moment.  Please try later or select a different title'.

it has been happening for a few weeks now and each time I need to reset the box to watch the next 10 mins. The box is the older Samsung type.

when doing the online fault check it tells me there is an issue but trying to get through on the telephone just now is proving impossible.

anyone else had the same issue or advise 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: on demand issue

When your VOD program drops out next, check the front-left of your box where you should have 3 green lights. The middle one, with a heartbeat symbol next to it, is the "online" light and I suspect this may flash - indicating that your box is losing connection to the internet. That's a fault.

Assuming this is the case, you have a couple of options.

1: Report this as a fault to Virgin via C/S on 150 and use the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" - you're probably looking for either a replacement box or an engineer visit, not any remote resets.

2: If you have VM broadband, and haven't changed your package for a while, then consider renegotiating your bundle - get a new deal for 12/18months and try to swap to a V6 box as part of the bargain. It's newer, it's faster and supports the various apps so much better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos