Menu
lisa23
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

obstructed cancellation

I have spent all day trying to cancel my contract with Virgin however i am being deliberately obstructed in my attempts. I have phoned customer services who refer me to the website and then i have tried a text service and been transferred 4 times. They are now saying they will not cancel my account if i don't give a new address, i do not want to give a new address as I do not want them contacting me after i have cancelled due to the horrendous service i have received. I have made a complaint. What else have you got to do to get out of this??????

Going to try the media next.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: obstructed cancellation

Hi lisa23,

The reason they will be asking for a new address is because once the final bill has been prepared then they will send you a cheque if you are in credit.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

and if you do not return the required hardware you will be charged and if they can't bill you that you'll end up with bad credit
0 Kudos
lisa23
Settling in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I thought it was so they could send me junk mail asking me to sign up again. It has literally taken me all day and im still not cancelled. Awful service.
0 Kudos
lisa23
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I get that but all my mail will be forwarded so i would still get the postal bag.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@lisa23 wrote:
Hi I get that but all my mail will be forwarded so i would still get the postal bag.

You can't guarantee that, hence the reason for requesting your new address.

0 Kudos