Menu
bluebird5th
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

missing channels

Hi,

New customer. Have broadband, TV and phone package.  Had the broadband running for a couple of weeks now, all seems ok.  Set up the TV box today and most of the channels are missing.  Only have BBC 1, but no other bbc, itv etc... I have the mixit package, I think.

There is an error code, 7400, but it has been several hours since the box was set up.  We have run service status checks and rebooted the box, following the instructions given several times now with no luck.

Beginning to get a bit frustrated now!!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: missing channels

Hi bluebird5th,

I'm sorry you are having issues. It's doing that because the box hasn't been activated yet.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: missing channels

If you've not already, the advice on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 is worth following.

Otherwise newapollo is spot on!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos