Menu
fed-updaughter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

help for elderly mother - TV

How can my 90 year old, vulnerable  mother get some help from Virgin? She is experiencing intermittent faults with her TV box – the picture freezes, the sound suddenly goes loud or soft, it switches channel without warning etc etc.

She has tried to contact Virgin Media for help several times, but has not received any useful help. Although she is mentally fully alert, she can struggle to understand 21st century technology, and her hearing loss makes telephone conversations difficult.  Also she has a disability in her fingers so cannot always press buttons when asked to by the technological help team, and she cannot access the router when asked to reset it because it is upstairs and she can’t cope with the stairs! The last time she phoned Virgin Media she was somehow referred to JustAnswer, who wanted separate payments for each of the intermittent problems she was reporting, so she became worried it was a scam and hung up.

I live 500 miles away so can’t phone Virgin for her from her house. She really needs an engineer to visit and either repair or replace her box.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: help for elderly mother - TV

Hi fed-updaughter,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation and the issues with your mothers service.

So I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi this is a horrible situation, does she have any younger neighbours who once she has passed security questions could take the call over and follow the instructions and try the basic cures if that doesn't work, then they should send an engineer. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
fed-updaughter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nice idea. But unfortunately there's no one nearby she'd be willing to invite in. 

0 Kudos
fed-updaughter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Alex_RM. I've replied to your PM.

0 Kudos
fed-updaughter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Alex_RM. An engineer has visited.  New box installed and full TV viewing is restored. Hurray!

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear Alex was able to help you and your elderly mother 🙂

If you have any more questions or queries please pop back to us 

Thank you 

Zoie

0 Kudos