Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

green screen

Hi

My tv is displaying a green screen with 

The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it. This may take about three hours.

It has done this twice in 3 days.

I have tried to call Virgin and used the website to try and speak to someone online and by phone (cut off after an hour on hold)  but I am getting nowhere fast. 

Do we need an engineer?

Please advise how we can get help as the usual routes are not working.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: green screen

Hi Whippetling,

Phoning is still the nest way to contact VM, however it's best to call first thing at 8am when lines first open, or mid afternoon/teatime.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Whippetling wrote:

Hi

My tv is displaying a green screen with 

The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it. This may take about three hours.

Do we need an engineer?

For the benefit of others who may read this post with the same issue - this error message is terminal and there is no point in waiting.

This means the hard drive has failed and you need a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Whippetling 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and to hear you've been having this issue with your box. As our community have advised you would need a replacement box. 

Have you since been able to get this sorted? 

Let me know and I'll do my best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos