Menu
fernmo999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

channel pixellated

My channel 522(eurosport 2) is permanently pixellated these days.My wife tells me that she has a couple of favorites which are unwatchable.

I have messed around with the Help settings and powering the box up/down etc, to no avail.

This is okay on our other TIVO box.I have no wish to get involved with Virgin service.Anybody got any ideas?

Is it okay to swap the boxes to check that the fault follows.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: channel pixellated

Hi fernmo999,

Yes, it's a good idea to try swapping boxes, it's the ideal way to check if it's a box or signal problem.

Depending on your package and channels available it would also be a good idea to check the following channels as they are all on the same VM feed.

Cartoon Network HD, TLC HD, Sony TV HD, Sky Sports Cricket HD, Sky Family HD and Sky Comedy HD.  If they are alos pixellated it would confirm a signal issue.

Either way it looks like you will need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Or you could leave it a few days and wait for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
fernmo999
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your swift and informative response.

I swapped the boxes over and guess what...the problem disappeared.I was careful to check that the fault was happening just before the swap.I am struggling to see how a poor connection could cause a fault on particular channel(s).

What do I know?

Regards

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Digital TV platforms broadcast channels in "clusters" or small groups on the same frequency, and these groupings bear no relationship to their position in the channel guide.

Poor connections can cause interference and noise on particular frequencies, and it will be whatever channels are carried on those affected frequencies that are affected by that fault. Meaning pixellation & picture breakup can occur seemingly at random across particular channels, but with awareness of the channel groupings, signal faults are very rarely genuinely random.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

fernmo999
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.It makes sense...I get it
0 Kudos