Menu
mala8252
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

channel number changes

here we go again moving channels around, just seem to get used to the numbers, then they move them. why do they do it. why can't we have the channels in the order and number we want. let us choose our own channel numbers that way we don't have to learn new channel numbers all the time.

0 Kudos
campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: channel number changes

Hi

The below guide will help you personalise you Virgin box

You can filter the TV Guide and Mini Guide so you only see your favourite channels.

Set your favourite channels

To set your favourite channels:

1. Press Home on your remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Choose Settings
  4. Select Favourite Channels
  5. Highlight a channel and press Thumbs Up on your remote to make it a favourite
  6. To remove a channel from your favourites, press Thumbs Down

Using your favourite channels

There are two ways you can access your favourite channels:

Via the Home Screen:

1. Press Home on your remote
  2. Select TV Guide
  3. Select My Favourites

In the TV Guide or Mini Guide:

1. Press Blue on your remote to bring up the Guide categories
  2. Select My Favourite

NOTE: If you’ve set your favourite channels in the TV Guide or Mini Guide, it will reset to all channels after one hour.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-renaming-tv-box

this helps you set favourite channels so you don’t have to scroll through loads to find the one you want  

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: channel number changes

@mala8252 wrote:

here we go again moving channels around, just seem to get used to the numbers, then they move them. why do they do it. why can't we have the channels in the order and number we want. let us choose our own channel numbers that way we don't have to learn new channel numbers all the time.

You can set up favourite channels, but cannot reorder them.

1) Some channels, mostly the Public service ones, have prescribed slots allocated by OFCOM which must be used.

2) As part of carriage agreements, channel owners can also agree a position (& therefore prominence) in the EPG.

All tv platforms do EPG shunts from time to time to make efficient use of space, or when channels change formats.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/05/sky-reshuffle-on-27th-may-your-guide-to.html

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks