Menu
mikesbooks
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

can virgin really be this bad?

Being trying  to contact them about pixilation on my TV. No answer on 'phone, useless website just refers to FAQs, no help on the text 'service' 4 days running, made a complaint on this site over a week ago, still no response- except to get a letter saying they are putting up the subscription charge! Does anybody have any suggestions for actually getting this shower to do something?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: can virgin really be this bad?

Pixellation, more often than not, is a symptom of TV signal issues and needs either an engineer visit or replacement box - assuming you've done a restart and it's not resolved.

I'm afraid the answer is to call in to report this, everyone calling VM at the moment has similar problems with the call queues and the only "magic wand" is to try when they're perhaps quieter earlier in the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mikesbooks
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks V.I.P, I reckoned it was the cables or box- the box records stuff I didn't want so it must be faulty in some way, although perhaps they all do that. You would think virgin monitor this forum so they could get in touch with complainants- but they probably know they would be overwhelmed. 

Like a lot of organizations these days, they want the profits but don't want to spend anything on actually dealing with customers who provide those profits. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM staff do answer posts here but it can take about a week for a reply

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@mikesbooks wrote:

You would think virgin monitor this forum so they could get in touch with complainants- but they probably know they would be overwhelmed. 

As per apcyberax but also... VM do monitor this forum, but it's primarily a user-community forum focused on peer-to-peer support. It's never, as long as I've been around, been intended as a replacement/alternative to first-line support.

VM staff tend to focus on posts where peer-to-peer support can't assist or where posts are specifically escalated for their attention.

0 Kudos