Menu
jo_chamberlain
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

broken vhf antenna input pin

The Antenna in, on the back of the box has snapped off clean...

this has happened and for whatever reason the pin (centre contact as snapped )

this will need a box swapping out... nothing an engineer can do on-site to repair this as its surface mount onto the main PCB in the box ... I've tried for god knows how long to get through to a human and I know this is a community forum but can someone from VM PLEASE RING ME ... I have plenty of calls asking me to buy more of your services 

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: broken vhf antenna input pin

It's a coax cable, not a VHF antenna. You will just confuse overseas call centres if you say that.

How did you manage to snap it off?

In any case you can't arrange a call back from here, it's a community forum. You'll need to keep calling, 8am is best, if you want it dealt with quickly.

VM staff may get to your post and may be able to arrange an engineer to call but it will likely be 1 to 2 weeks before you get a reply.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jo_chamberlain, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service, can you confirm if you are showing any symptoms of corvid 19 as an engineer may need to attend. ^Chris

0 Kudos
jo_chamberlain
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris

nobody here has any Symptoms of Covid-19 ,

If you send an engineer please make sure he has a box with him as to not create another visit, as the input has physically snapped off alternatively just send me one out in the post with a return label for the old box ... please let me know if and when you can achieve the repair

Thankyou

0 Kudos
jo_chamberlain
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes I know that its in the body of my email ... if you read it .... and borne out of frustration was the post as I was on the phone trying to get an answer all day yesterday ... and i didn't snap it off ... dear god ... 

its a coax cable to a vhf plug ... and its a vhf input not a coaxial or f type

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jo_chamberlain, I will send you a private message to see what can be done for you. Chris. 

0 Kudos
jo_chamberlain
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Look thanks,

it’s  been resolved within 5 days of my post great service guys  and special thanks to Chris’s 

0 Kudos