Menu
suzannekperry
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

amazon prime free trial

I selected through the app on virgin TV an amazon prime 30 day trial. My amazon account with the same email address does not have me as a prime member. I phoned amazon and they said I am not. Therefore I am not getting free delivery. How can I cancel it before 30 days as you direct me to my amazon account and they say I don't have one? 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: amazon prime free trial

Hi always set up accounts with people like Amazon and Netflix direct with them download the Amazon app on a device tablet, smart phone, and sign up for Amazon prime once you have joined you can access it on multiple devices including your V6 box via virgin. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
suzannekperry
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, but I have set up the prime through virgin, so need to know how to cancel it. I phoned the help number, after 15 mins on hold I got through twice, to people who struggled to understand me then got cut off. I am guessing not a UK call centre. 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Everything to do with your the account used for Prime Video is within Amazon's computer systems.

Even when you register on the Prime Video app on the V6 box, that is talking to Amazon's account systems.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
suzannekperry
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I did it through the virgin box not direct. 

Amazon say I don't have a prime account when I phoned them and when I log into my amazon shopping account it says I am not a prime member. Yet when watching TV I am accessing amazon prime channel through virgin. So it's as it I am a member on the trial but Amazon don't know. Therefore they won't let me cancel. This is the problem as I need to cancel before the 30 day trial ends. 

Virgin tv call centre was useless, 3 calls to somewhere guessing India, no useful help and cut off each time. 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate all of that but Virgin Media host the app on the V6 box and link it to the TiVo search results, Once you're in the app Virgin Media have no access to anything that Prime Video app does.

Anything to do with sign up on the Prime Video app is an Amazon thing. If the sign up process within the app on the V6 has gone wrong, then it's gone wrong on Amazon's systems.

Calling Virgin Media won't help as they don't have access to Amazon's systems.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've just been looking at the Prime Video app. On the Contact Us page there are two serial numbers. The DID is the V6 box serial number, so I'm making a guess that DTID has something to do with the account

I would have thought that Prime Video support team would have been able to use these to work out what account is signed into the app to help with this issue, which would then allow them to trace the records within their systems.

Also I've just signed out of the app to see how to sign in to it as it's been a while since I've done it. The only option I get is a code to enter into my Amazon account in a web browser, so I have no idea how Amazon's systems have not tied everything together in your case.
0 Kudos
suzannekperry
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK thank you, that makes sense. So I need to contact Amazon. 👍

0 Kudos