Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wrong local ITV CHANNEL

Until recently channel 103 gave me London and 113 Meridien. About 2 weeks ago ITV went HD and now I get London on both 103/113 BUT on channel 114 (ITV plus 1) I get Meridian. I  live in Tunbridge Wells and Meridian is my local station. How do I get Meridian back as my local ITV channel?

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong local ITV CHANNEL

I asked a similar question on the V6 section of this forum  (ITV+1 is wrong region) and the answer was that ITV recently reduced the availabilty of regional variations on their +1 channels for SKY, Freesat and VM customers.

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi this has nothing to do with virgin, it's related to what the individual channels supply to them as they are just a platform to show what they are supplied with. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but given channel 114 is supposed to be 113 one hour later why am I getting 2 different channels pse?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But given 114 is supposed to be 113 an hour later why are the news channels different pse?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pinging @nodrogd or @ozsat - one for you 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your network is connected to the Croydon headend, so as far as the network franchise you are part of, your region is London.

Up until now all the people on this headend in the south of London as well as Kent have been getting Meridain South East ITV in HD on 113. In order to put these London people back in the correct ITV HD region this has now reverted to London ITV HD, as the SD version on 103 will eventually be replaced.

For some time you have had BBC South East on channel 858, & now you have the same arrangement with Meridain South East ITV HD which you can find on channel 871.

Hope this solves the problem.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant- thank u so much 

regards Alan

0 Kudos