Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrong itv region

Hi

I have just changed to virgin from bt. We live on the border between Granada and Central. 

We have always had North West regional programmes but since we are on virgin it is central and the midlands

How can I change it

Regards Mark 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong itv region

The TV signals are distributed via a regional head end which injects regional programmes into the network and the area served by the head end does not necessarily match BBC One or ITV editorial regions. There is nothing you can do to change this.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Mark,

Hi mpembo,

I'm afraid the Virgin channels are dictated by the area you live in and the headend where the channels are transmitted from. This goes back to the old cable days and what was allowed.

You may find that the HD version on channel 113, or the SD channel on 103  gives you the local version of  the channel you want.

There is also an additional ITV channel 853 with  AD for the hard of hearing, however I believe this is the London feed.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@mpembo wrote:

Hi

I have just changed to virgin from bt. We live on the border between Granada and Central. 

We have always had North West regional programmes but since we are on virgin it is central and the midlands

How can I change it

Regards Mark 

You cannot change the regions you receive. These are allocated by the cable franchise rules for the network area you reside in. There are no other regions provided in your network area, nor are the TV boxes governed by postcode data, so nothing can be done to change this. There are differences in the boundaries of cable regions & regions on terrestrial/satellite in several areas, especially around London. If you still have your rooftop aerial you can use this & receive your old region via Freeview.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos