Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wrong equipment sent 4 times, spent hours on phone. Not sure what to do now...

I have spent 3-plus hours on the phone, and have spoken to more than 16 customer service representatives, just to get the set-top box that was left out of the original package sent to me.

After a week of following up over the phone, being told a package had been delivered and finding nothing at the depot, being put on hold and transferred multiple times, I finally received my package from Virgin media.

Unfortunately I was sent the wrong TV box. ("tivo" box not a TV box v6)

I then called the retention team.
After another 45 minutes being transferred and hung up on, another package was sent out to me.

I went out of my way to pickup the package (for the 4th time), only to find the remote had been left out of the box. This renders the whole thing unusable.

Following my latest call with the retention team, I was promised and scheduled follow up call. This has not happened.

I cannot contact them.Their phone system puts you on hold for hours. Their on-line complaints system conveniently "errors" when submitting. Their social media accounts tell you to just call them. Catch 22.

Not sure what to do now, other than cancel, which seems to be the only phone line that picks up the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong equipment sent 4 times, spent hours on phone. Not sure what to do now...

Why cant you use the remote for your old tivo on the new v6 box they sent out?

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong equipment sent 4 times, spent hours on phone. Not sure what to do now...

Hi rtufnell, 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. 

Upon reading the post, I'm a bit lost as to what has happened. Can I ask if you could expand on the issue rather than experience so that I can help out? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In response to the above question "Why cant you use the remote for your old tivo on the new v6 box they sent out?"

Went back and checked. They didn't even send out a remote in the Tivo box! Even if remote was there, would it work on the TV Box v6? How was i supposed to know?

To Ryan_N

Basically, I have been messed around for 3 weeks trying to get all of the equipment that is in my contract.

1. ordered package, 100Mbps internet and tv maxit with tv box v6
2. was sent first package. Instead of a tv box, just a bag with a cable in it. Bear in mind I have to walk to the pickup point to collect package.
3. spent an hour on the phone, talked to multiple people to try and get the box sent.
4. was informed the box had been delivered. Went to pick up. Nothing was delivered.
5. spent another hour on the virgin support phone line.
6. Went to pick up package. a TIVO box was delivered, not a TV Box v6. (i later realised it too had no remote in the box)
7. Spent an hour on the virgin support phone line. Was promised a discount, and was apologised to. The Retention Team member promised a call back on the following Monday 2nd December to ensure that everything had been received and to discuss discount.
8. Went to pick up package. TV Box v6. But this time no remote.
9. Awaited promised call from Retention Team member. Nothing.
10. Attempted to get help from Virgin media website - the website crashes when you try and submit a complaint.
11. attempted to get help from online forum.
12. attempted to get help from VM social media accounts. These are beyond useless and just told me to phone the help line repeatedly.
13. Cave and call the help line again. Spend an hour on phone. End up being promised that my remote has been sent out, and that I will get a credit on my account to make up for having no service for almost a month. Transferred and put on hold again. Last person I talked to  promised that the discount would be applied, an email sent detailing the discount, and that a manager would be in touch to discuss.

I am yet to receive an email, or a phone call from either the "Retention Team" or the Customer Service team, as promised.

I can only conclude that the last person I talked to made something up to get rid of me.
I have spoken to 21 people on the virgin support phone line about this, and spent 4 hours on the phone. Its so incredibly stupid. The level of indifference i have been met with is depressing.

As I have not received all of my equipment, I am still within my 14 day cancellation window. At this point probably best to cut my losses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello rtufnell

Thanks for the thorough explanation

I am going to have a good look at everything for you 

I will be honest and say its going to take me a day or so 

As soon as I have had a look I will get back to you 

First things first I need to send you a private message to pass security and gain account access

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. have sent private message
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this? Sent PM last night. I will have to get this sorted as soon as possible, or cancel, as the window is closing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So sorry about any delay in getting back in touch @rtufnell - I have replied to your Private Message now for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos