Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wrong ITV region

I live in Cambridge. I see Meridian TV. I don’t want to see Meridian local news. I should see Anglia news. I have seen lots of helpful people talking about similar issues On this site but I haven’t seen an answer how to change the setting yet. It must be possible to change it, as when it was first set up I used to see Anglia. My next door neighbour sees Anglia so could someone who knows how to fix it kindly tell me, or I hope a Virgin engineer will be able to assist?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong ITV region

Hi Karl,

it depends which headend you are on and can't be changed.

I'm based in Teesside and get the correct ITV for my region on 103, Tyne Tees which is the SD version

On 113 I get the Yorkshire version in HD

On 853 I get the national (London) version with AD

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much

it seems ludicrous. The thing is I used to get Anglia so I have no idea why it’s changed! Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can often find neighbouring regional versions of ITV/BBC1 around the 86x channel numbers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much indeed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Anglia West version of ITV is only broadcast in standard definition. This is an ITV networking issue & not down to Virgin or any other TV platform.

Anglia East (Norwich) is available in HD, but only to satellite customers, so customers on Freeview & cable get supplied with Meridian South East HD instead, as it is the next nearest region available in HD.

Therefore you will find your local news for Cambridge on ITV SD 103, with the Meridian SE news on ITV HD 113.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos