Menu
Haider203
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Will my virgin media coaxial cable socket work with a free view box?

I have an old virgin media wall socket to connect to a coaxial cable that I used to use for my Samsung ntl box. I thought freeview set top boxes didn’t need an Ariel connection but it seems they do. If I use the Ariel box I used for the ntl box, would it work? I don’t know if it connects to a rooftop Ariel or not. I only remember having a dish for sky on the roof as it’s my mums house but I don’t remember whether there was a rooftop Ariel as well if virgin media even use them. If this isn’t an option, would an indoor Ariel connect to the freeview box as it’s one where I can pause and play and record tv so I’d like to use that rather than just using a indoor Ariel directly into the TV.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will my virgin media coaxial cable socket work with a free view box?

The NTL socket wont work

An internal ariel connected to the freeview box will, depending on signal strength in the area

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will my virgin media coaxial cable socket work with a free view box?

You would be better off installing an aerial rather than trying to use a brand of washing powder.😉

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped