Menu
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why is it still an extra £7/month for sky sports hd?

I cancelled Sky Sports because of this.  Now TV charges just £3/month for a HD boost.  HD is standard with Sky and has been since October 2018. Every other sports channel is HD with no SD option.  Making Sky Sports HD as standard would free up 10 channels. So why is there this extra charge?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is it still an extra £7/month for sky sports hd?

Because Sky insist that Virgin customers pay it. Probably in the hope that people will switch to one of their products.

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As stated above it’s down to Sky there have been quite a few complaints on here from other VM subscribers about the same thing also regarding being miss sold Tv pack without being informed that to get Sky Sports in HD would cost an extra £7 per month. TBH it is ridiculous that in 2020 we still need to pay extra to get HD but I’m afraid it’s just the way it is so you either need to pay or do without failing that move to Sky and I’m almost sure they have an HD tariff as well. Also regarding your NowTv comparison NowTv charge £33.99 per month for 720p or £36.99 for 1080p only way to drop it down is to buy a top up pass from your local Supermarket or Argos that costs £25 then you need to add the £3 for 1080p coverage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NowTv charge £33.99 per month for 720p or £36.99 for 1080p only way to drop it down is to buy a top up pass from your local Supermarket or Argos that costs £25 then you need to add the £3 for 1080p coverage

Never paid £34/month for Sports on Now TV.  Mostly get free passes off Pringles and PS Plus.  Most I have ever paid for a month is £20 via all the online, email and retention offers, but more often less than £13/month.  Even @ £23/month it is less than the half price + HD offer from Virgin.

0 Kudos