Menu
viczig
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why did I lose Channel 4 this evening? BakeOff final too

So it’s BakeOff final week for 2020.  Got my series link that has been successfully recording this show the whole series.  I’ve missed the actually beginning of the live broadcast watching something else so I switch to my recordings and select the recording of the episode to play it at 8:40 pm. But there is big black screen and no recoding.  It says it has recorded and is continuing to record and normally when I’ve watched programs that are continuing to record it will play the show without a problem.  It’s just like watching it in delay.   But no not tonight.  So I switch to channel 4 to see if the live programme is there to watch but no, pure black screen.  Nothing.   Flicked around and every other channel is working.  What is going on?  I restart the V6 box and still the recording is black.  Of course the recording has stopped and restarted because I restarted the machine but I’ve lost the original start of the recording.  Not impressed.  I’m guessing overload of viewers for Virgin and really, that is not good enough!!!!

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why did I lose Channel 4 this evening? BakeOff final too

Sounds like a fault on the network or at the local headend. Have you checked the Service Status for your area?

It will not be overloading. Virgin TV is carried via broadcast channels in the same way as terrestrial & satellite TV. It does not matter how many people are viewing a channel it won't disrupt the service.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos