Menu
sastusbulbas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why can Virgin not have better upgrade options for old and existing customers.

Here I am months after asking these questions before. May well try and get a long weekend at detrimental cost to my work to see if this is worth doing, though on the other hand tempted to cancel all TV packages as there is so little worth watching between my XL TV package, Amazon Prime, Netflix and Now TV packages.

I work all the time, currently have no mobile sim, never actually had a mobile sim or contract of my own, the family member who had opened up the family sim contracts all those years ago has finally suffered financial difficulties that led to all the sim contracts and their Virgin services being suspended.

Now I have over £200 credit on my package, An old Full House XL TV package with Talk weekends and an M350 Broadband connection, with a single V6 box, and a co-ax from a previous packages second Tivo upstairs. Never had a mobile or sim card contract of my own with any provider, 49yrs too lol.

When it says click for upgrade options I get generic old guff thats as about tempting as dry toast, the only sensible option I want to choose is a simple button that upgrades me to Ultimate Oomph, gets me an Unlimited Sim card, and a second V6 box for upstairs.

Do I need to make time and call someone about this? Why can I not simply do this online in some manner? Note! I am up at the crack of dawn and unable to use my phone or internet between 6am to 7pm give or take an hour or two either way here or there, days off and calls are rather inconvenient.

And on that topic, my direct debit for my current package is on an inconvenient date, how do I change that to come off on the 1st of each month like all my other direct debits?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can Virgin not have better upgrade options for old and existing customers.

@sastusbulbas wrote:

When it says click for upgrade options I get generic old guff thats as about tempting as dry toast, the only sensible option I want to choose is a simple button that upgrades me to Ultimate Oomph, gets me an Unlimited Sim card, and a second V6 box for upstairs.

[snip]

And on that topic, my direct debit for my current package is on an inconvenient date, how do I change that to come off on the 1st of each month like all my other direct debits?

The most common reason for the online upgrade options not working, are that you're on an old/legacy or retentions/discounted offer.

Assuming you're outside your minimum contract period, it sounds like you would probably get a half-decent outcome from following the "thinking of leaving us" options on 150, and going over your package details with an agent. You can probably get a newer package, and may be able to change your billing date at the same time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can Virgin not have better upgrade options for old and existing customers.

Hi again sastusbulbas,

Changing your payment date will mean the next bill will be higher than usual, probably an amount for 5 or 6 weeks  as  you will be amending the date part way through your normal billing period. After that your monthly bills will be the usual amount.

You will be able to change your billing date by calling up and speaking directly to the billing department, option 1,1 and 1 on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of billing  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos