Menu
Kellycarr
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Who changed my package?

Having just checked my account on the app I see that my package was changed on the first of October? I didn't authorise any change? Have sent a message but the last time I did this I waited six hours for a reply..this can't be legal? Also the last time I spoke to someone it was to reduce my package as I can't afford £99 a month..having been with virgin for 14 years I expected better than what I was offered..cheapest I was quoted was £75?? Time to realise loyalty gets you nowhere🤷

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Who changed my package?

Thanks for getting in touch Kellycarr.

I am sorry to hear you're unhappy with the level of customer service that you're receiving and the price you're paying has led you to ultimately wishing to leave Virgin Media.

So we can get the best resolution for you, I would like to do a full review of your account.  To do this I would need to communicate with you via private message.  Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Look forward to helping you.

Lee_R

Kellycarr
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Took 24 hours to get a reply on live chat..I never got an answer about my package change but I did mention a problem with my router which I think is the cause of loss of wifi..when it was installed the cable wasn't long enough for me to be able to put it anywhere but on the floor..and I was told I would be charged £99 for someone to relocate it? All it needs is a metre more cable so it can go on the table.. I have been trying for 2 months to reduce my package and I have been given 2 different prices for what my package should be without the discount I get so somebody is lying🤷  but ultimately I can't afford £99 a month..I have been a customer a long time but loyalty gets you nowhere anymore

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your package costs are between you and VM "Retentions"
However, re. the cable. How long is the cable you have? VM supply (i believe) 3m cable runs + connectors as standard in their fast start kits. If that would be long enough you should be able to get one of those sent out for free.
Just tell em that the current one has been damaged by the dog/kids/workman.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kellycarr
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They told me they can't send me a cable out..instead I should go buy one? My point is when it was first installed it was obvious to a blind man that it wasn't going to reach where it needed to be..it's been one problem after another over the last few years..my phone cables outside are literally held together with a small piece of insulating tape, resulting in no phone in bad weather..I'm not an engineer, I shouldn't have to mess with cables just to get a ring tone 🤷

0 Kudos