Menu
bomberb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Which Regional TV channels does Virgin supply

In Reading I can buy Radio Times for South/West/South West or London/Anglia/Midlands.

Which one should I buy to reflect the TV channels in my TIVO box?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which Regional TV channels does Virgin supply

@nodrogdis quite familiar with the various broadcast regions, but the obvious answer is to check your channels 101 (for BBC regions) and 103 (for ITV regions) and see what you receive.

Quite often the neighbouring/alternative regions are carried around the 85x or 87x positions

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Which Regional TV channels does Virgin supply

The Reading headend carries the Thames Valley services of both Meridian ITV & BBC South services, so the South/South West region Radio Times should cover it.

Mind you, apart from the local news there are minimal regional variations now except for Wales, NI & Scotland.

There was a shortage of the London region edition here in Hertfordshire for the last few weeks so we were stuck with the South West edition & it was perfectly adequate.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks