Menu
kittykat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Where's the All4 app?

Hi - I've got a TiVo box and would love to see Walter Presents series, but like someone else who posted here, I can only see the first few episodes of series.

I saw that Virgin now apparently has the All4 app, which I think would give me access, but I don't seem to have this listed under Apps and Games.

Is it not available on TiVo?  If it is, how do I get it?  If not, why not,?  And if I have to get a V6 box to get this, will I be charged for that? 

(I do also have a fairly frequent problem where iPlayer fails 15 minutes into a programme - not sure if this suggests that it has an error and needs to be upgraded.)

Thanks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where's the All4 app?

The TiVo box has the complete Channel 4 BoxSet & CatchUp library, but the All-4 app is only available on the V6 box, yes. The only people that can tell you what the cost to change to one would be, is Virgin themselves.

Having said that, and assuming you have broadband from Virgin, it depends how much effort you want to put into diagnosing your problem with iPlayer, or whether you might want to just report it as a box fault 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@japitts

I must correct you, as your comment that 'The TiVo box has the complete Channel 4 BoxSet & CatchUp library' is not the case.

Both the V6 and the TiVo box includes a selection of Catch Up and Box Sets from Channel 4, but only the All4 app has the complete library, and that's only on V6.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Apologies @VMViewer you're right, I got my terminology wrong there.

The thrust of my post was to say that the TiVo does have catch-up & boxset content from C4/More-4/4-Seven, and I'd like to think that the catchup content at least is (at least for most viewers) pretty comprehensive.

But you're quite right, the All-4 app does have more, and that is indeed only available on a V6. Apologies 🙂

For the benefit of the OP @kittykat - there's a good chance that if you report a problem with your TiVo box, that you could get a V6 as your replacement, providing you have VM broadband. Caveat: I don't know what VM's current policy on this is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kittykat
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I'm definitely only seeing the first (or first few) episodes of some Walter Presents series on the All4 catch-up on my TiVo box, so think a V6 will give me access to more of that content.  Probably time for me to haggle a deal anyway as my Wi-Fi is struggling with the demands of work video meetings! 

newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good idea kittykat.

It's a win-win situation. You'll probably receive new equipment, so more viewing options, and the bonus of a reduction in cost for 18 months.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos