Menu
clack
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Where is my engineer and new TV box?

I have an engineer booked for either today (Oct 8th) between 10 and 2pm (my preferred choice) or tomorrow (Oct 9th) for the same time to install my new TV box. Engineer not here yet and I've had no email as promised from Virgin to say whether they are actually coming today or tomorrow. I feel like I'm waiting in for nothing! Great start to a new 18 month contract...

0 Kudos
chrissieC
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where is my engineer and new TV box?

We had same problem last week. Engineer was due between 1-6pm. waited in untl 6.40pm but no show. Went out then to meet friends and got a phone call on my mobile at 7.30pm saying engineer was waiting outside my door. Told him it wasn't convenient and to come back first thing in the morning as I was pretty peeved by then. Didn't expect a positive response but had a voicemail later that evening confirming he would be there at 8.00am. Arrived as planned and all went well with the installation. However, we did have some issues the first five days saying we were disconnected to WiFi which cut us off several times for a couple of hours at a time. A phone call eventually sorted out the issue, it seems as we were not installed on the date originally given we were not officially registered as customers. It all seems to be running and working well since, though I've been sent a new installation date for 2 weeks time!  Getting through on the phone is a nightmare, you just get passed from pillar to post I was assured that the new date will be cancelled but looking at my account profile it's still listed as due to be done. I've decided to let it go, if anyone turns up it's their waste of time. The new contract seems like a good deal we're just hoping we have no major issues over the next 18 months as it's so difficult to get to talk to anyone.

0 Kudos
clack
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Strangely I've just had an email saying my engineer is coming on the 13th! So I've taken a day off work to wait in for no reason. And I'll have to take a day off work next week now as well. Poor show Virgin.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We are very sorry about any delay or confusion with your installation @clack - we would advise to wait for any confirmation email advising what your date and timeslot is; I am sorry if you were advised that it would be set as the dates  you requested. 

I have located your account from your forum information and can see that the new box installation seems to have gone ahead successfully - I do hope that you're happy with how things are looking at your end? 

Please do pop back if you need anything further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos