Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where are the radio stations?

I have just signed up with VM with a Big Bundle package and I can’t find any radio stations. Their online guide says they should be from ~ channel 901 but those all seem to be adult entertainment on our box. 
Should there be radio stations as part of this package or is our TV box faulty?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where are the radio stations?

If you have a V6, the channels should be from 900 upwards:

FB874A48-4F11-47E3-A550-AB19BBD5CE29.jpeg

If you have TV 360, press Home and look bottom right or go to apps and find Radioline.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your suggestions. I’ve had another look, with some success!

We have a TV360 box and there are no radio stations in the RadioLine app but if you press the Home button, they are under ‘Guide, then Radio. There are 38 stations and it lists the show currently on each station (useful) but one notable exception for us is Jazz FM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The 38 radio stations received through the EPG are a legacy service for the older boxes. You cannot record them on the new V360 boxes. Apps like Radioline are the replacement as they use the internet & not VMs resources that could be used for additional TV channels. VM also have to tie up satellite equipment to receive channels in this way.

Radioline gives you access to most of the UK stations & thousands from abroad as well. Open the app, use the search box & start typing the name of the station you want.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks nodrogd.  I was able to earch for stations in Radioline and even found Jazz FM!  Is there any way to save stations so that one does not have to search for them each time Please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@RonD1 wrote:

Many thanks nodrogd.  I was able to earch for stations in Radioline and even found Jazz FM!  Is there any way to save stations so that one does not have to search for them each time Please?

There was one the last time I was able to use it. Can't look as the app is broken on the V6 boxes at the moment as the last box update casued a problem that hasn't been fixed yet.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks.  I'll take another look.

0 Kudos