Menu
Highlighted
robinsoncrusoe
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Watching a channel from another region

I live in Scotland and want to watch a programme being broadcast only on BBC 2 Wales. What's the best way? I have Virgin Media and Freeview but as far as I can see have no way of accessing BBC2 Wales (I think this would be the same if I was in England).

I believe I might be able to watch it on iPlayer if I change my region. (I guess I could then connect my laptop to the tv with an HDMI cable). Is that right and/or is there a way of watching it direct from my TV?

I can watch Round 1 of BBC Cardiff Singer of the World tonight but Rounds 2-4 are only being broadcast on BB2 Wales. Seems a bit odd that!?

Suggestions appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Watching a channel from another region

If changing the region in iPlayer works (never tried it but BBC help page HERE suggests it should) then you can change the region in the settings of the iPlayer app on your V6 box to Wales and watch it on your TV.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.