Menu
stig01
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Watching MotoGP on bt sport hd

We have been with Virgin for three years now and still cannot watch MotoGP on bt sport without the picture constantly breaking up! I have checked everything,changed leads,plugs even the television! But nothing changes....are we the only ones or is it a problem elsewhere? (We watch rugby/football on bt but never have a problem,it is purely when the MotoGP is on) Please can somebody enlighten me as to what I can do? Many thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watching MotoGP on bt sport hd

Hi stig01,

The MotorGP is only shown on BT Sport2 HD.  Are any other programs affected on this channel?

BT Sport2 HD shared the same frequencies as Sky Sports PL HD, ITVBe HD, Sky News HD, Sky Nature HD, MTV HD and Nick HD.

Please will you check to see if those channels are also affected?  If so that would indicate that you have a signal issue and may need an engineer visit.

You should also make sure that all of your co-axial cable connections are finger tight and that the cables are undamaged.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation & picture breakup, assuming you've rebooted your box once, and checked your connections are finger-tight, is nearly always indicative of a fault somewhere causing problems with your TV signal.

Newapollo has given you a list of other channels that are carried on the same broadcast frequency, I'd also suggest checking whether there are any other (specific) channels that are affected.

Faults like this tend not to go away unless they're attended to, and by their nature tend to occur on parts of the network that only affect individual customers, so if it persists more than a short time, there's a fair bet that VM won't know about it until or unless you report it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stig01
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,thank you to you and newapollo.
All connections are correct and we have had no known issues with any other channels in the previous 3/4 years.
We have successfully watched many things on bt sport2 without the breakup/pixelation it is solely when the MotoGP is on.During the early part of lockdown sky news hd was on several hours a day without any problems... I cannot comment on the others channels though I’m afraid! Is it possible to just boost that channel’s frequency? (Sorry if that is a stupid question!) Thanks again.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have issues with BT Sport only with particular programs, that's an entirely different problem.

Tweaking the power levels on particular broadcast frequencies is something that a VM Field engineer will be able to do, once they're investigating your fault and decide that's the appropriate fix. With digital TV systems, channels are broadcast in "clusters" together - newapollo has given you a list of channels on the same cluster as BT Sport 2 HD.

I would recommend a call to Virgin TV Faults on 150 to progress your problem.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing power levels won’t make any difference to one channel. Digital channels are broadcast in groups or “muxes” on the same single frequency. As newapollo states above, several channels would be affected if the issue was one broadcast frequency. An issue on one mux but not others would indicate a wiring or connector issue causing increased loss on that frequency alone, so increasing power would only push the other muxes out of balance.

As it is you say this is only affecting a programme on this channel. Does this programme always show at the same time of day?

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@stig01 

If the program is being shown at the same time each day, it could be indicative of something that is affecting the VM signals at certain times of day, and just reinforces the point that ongoing picture breakup issues tend not to resolve themselves unless the underlying fault is attended to. Sometimes particular muxes are more prone to being affected if they're at the extremes of frequency ranges, for example.

0 Kudos