Menu
hhhouse
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Want a Pre-install engineer visit

We have been a broadband customer for years but are now considering upgrading to TV and telephone as well.  However, due to the layout of our house and the fact that the TV is on an inside wall, we are not sure how this can be achieved.  I have requested a pre-install engineer visit via Live Chat and a telephone conversation but it seems this is not possible.  All they want is for me to agree a package first and then when they come to install, if we are not happy, we can cancel within 14 days.  All I want is for someone to come and tell us the options ahead of time.  Any idea how I can achieve this?  I have seen somewhere on the website that you can request such a visit.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Want a Pre-install engineer visit

Hello

I pre install engineer is for the external work only, if you do not have coaxial cabling to where the TV is going to be then the install engineer who does the internal work will run the cable around skirting boards, and then place a VM socket there and then connect the  VM TV box too it. For the telephone this install is done direct to the hub as VM no longer fit the old copper cable, and will install one extension which will be close to the hub you will need too ask for that of the engineer when on site.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos