Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wait time for help

I have waited for over an hour to get a response both online and live chat to get a response for an issue with my TV. I only want a new box and another box moved! is this normal???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wait time for help

Can be.
Best option is to try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00 is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply, I have tried these times on different days and no reply! Just so frustrating - I am not renewing 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Renewal is automatic - you will go onto a rolling 30 day contract. If its the end of your "new customer" discount period - the price will increase to the standard package price.
If you want to leave and cancel you need to give 30 days notice - this can be done by calling the same number - or in writing to VM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to ask someone about slow broadband - beginning to wish I stayed with TalkTalk

I have recently moved to Virgin Media and immediately, I noticed that the range of the broadband was lower than the provious provider. 

I have bought a range extender but still the bandwidth is very poor, expecially for youtube on my smart TV which is a wired connection.

It has taken me three days with no luck to contact Virgin via the message service and I am thinking of leaving.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have been trying to ask someone about slow broadband - beginning to wish I stayed with Talk...

Thank you for the post Tomkeane152 and welcome to our community. 

We can see there may be some power level issues near to your area which may be causing this issue, I'll pop you over a private message now so we can pass security on the account to confirm this and then if needed book in an engineer appointment.

Please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos