Menu
lizzie68
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

W20

I know why I’m getting it but I can’t get through on the phone I’m hard of hearing and my husband usually does the phoning but he’s staying with his sick mum. If an admin could message me please.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: W20

Hiya...

Are you sure W20 is the error code you have? 😉 I suspect it may be W02.

If it is, then this normally indicates a loss of incoming signal. Restart your box as a first check, Check using 0800 5610061 (if able - I appreciate you've mentioned hearing issues) which should report local faults down to street level.

You can also try using the text message service (07533 051809) as another alternative.

If those basic checks don't clear this, and you definitely have W02 (not W20) then post back and we can flag this post to VM staff for quicker attention. I just can't guarantee how "quick" that will be (could still be a few hours) - hence suggesting a few other things first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lizzie68
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Maybe it was W02 😂. My husband isn’t in to phone I’m hard of hearing so I can’t call. There’s a plug in my back bedroom upstairs that connects the box to my room, one of my sons was helping me move the bed and it caught the plug and it’s fell apart. I’ve taped it back together and it’s working again there was another code S101 so I took the plug out an moved it to another socket. There’s a metal thing where there’s many cables on it which hasn’t been secured onto the wall which is dangerous in my opinion. Sorry for rambling.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All of this indicates signal issues, and it sounds like you've got some loose install there - I appreciate this may not be easy, but if you're able to post any pictures of this (allow time for them to be manually approved) that could be useful for staff on here to see a bit more.

I've ecalated this post in the meantime - it may still be a few hours before staff respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
lizzie68
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

D28F1752-3CE5-426A-9E84-E7A7FCF89B37.jpegA0AD254D-A566-4430-8C99-A5503D3CCEF4.jpeg

0 Kudos
lizzie68
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi is there any virgin media workers able to help me?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@lizzie68 wrote:

Hi is there any virgin media workers able to help me?

Read the second paragaph of my post-4 above 😉

This is primarily a user community forum, but I have flagged this post for VM staff attention. They are extremely busy at the moment, hopefully my escalation has put you towards the top of the queue.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lizzie68

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello lizzie68

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you 

But thanks for those details 

I have had a look at a few things from here and this will need an engineer to come out 

I have booked the first available appointment we have, which you can see on your online account here 

If the date is unsuitable, you can change it online 

I have set a reminder to check the visit after we have been out 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos