Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

W02 Error for movies

Not able to access some of the movies channel and this situation does keep reoccurring. Why am I paying for something that I can't access but more especially wasting time and money calling (pre Covid), it fixes it and then reoccurs. Can someone fix without me having to waste time trying to contact Virgin by telephone. Ps have done all the tests suggested in online help. Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: W02 Error for movies

W02 tends to indicate a problem with your incoming TV signal, and until the underlying fault that's causing it is resolved, it is likely to keep recurring. When you've called in the past, have faults staff arranged an engineer visit or replacement box for you - or have they just reset your box or other such things?

VM staff will respond on here, but it can take upto a week.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello.. The last time I spoke to Virgin, they were going to send someone but they managed to fix it on the phone. However it's now come back and it's difficult to now contact Virgin via the phone.

Is there anything else anyone can suggest to help please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Signal level issues are not something that can generally be fixed remotely - it tends to need physical checks of your cabling and box to identify where the (fault causing) poor signal is.. and attend to that. Some C/S agents tend to like "sending stronger signals" and restarting your box, which might temporarily reduce the symptoms of pixellation, but will very rarely solve it long term.

With that in mind, you have 3 ways to report faults currently..

1: Text message service (07533 051809) which can take a few days.

2: Wait on here - VM staff respond with (currently) about a week's delay

3: Call in, and don't give up until you get through.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos