Menu
Barbara33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Vulnerable old lady left without TV in Peterborough

account number [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

area 22

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vulnerable old lady left without TV in Peterborough

Nobody can do anything with this information. You are not the account holder so VM will not respond in detail to you and it dubious that you should have posted an account number on a public forum. Enough information to try and impersonate the account holder.

The best course of action to take would be get the account holder to contact VM direct with, perhaps, a friend by her side to take over the conversation. VM can diagnose the fault on-line and either fix it or send a tech.  That might be difficult but it is the only way to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Barbara33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I was advised to post on here by @VirginMedia

Probably shouldn't have posted account number I agree but my mother is deaf and unable to understand people on the phone and is home alone.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barbara33,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with our TV services. We understand the frustration caused especially in the circumstances. As you have posted your account details please can we ask you remove your personal details from this public post as we want to keep your details as safe as possible.

Looking at your account with the details you have provided from your community profile I can see we have booked the next available appointment for a technician to attend to get this issue resolved for you.

Please can you keep us posted with how this goes?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Barbara33
Tuning in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I have removed the account details

Someone was supposed to come today but never arrived, the TV box broke last Thursday

We have been told next available appt is THURSDAY, which will have been a whole week.

Are you saying that there is no possibility of you fixing an 87 year old's box before then???

0 Kudos
Barbara33
Tuning in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Is that it then?

You are leaving this situation unresolved?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Barbara33,

Unfortunately we would have booked the very next available appointment for the technician to attend. I have just checked and there are no appointments any earlier to re-schedule an engineer.

As you have had a total loss of service you may be eligible for a loss of credit through our automated compensation scheme. 

You can check here for details if you qualify for a loss of service credit.

We do appreciate the inconvenience caused due to this matter and we will be with you as soon as physically possible to get this issues resolved.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Barbara33
Tuning in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

'may be eligible for a loss of credit'???

Do you actually understand what this situation entails for a housebound 87 year old?  I am extremely disappointed and now have to break it to my mother that she has to sit on her own for several MORE days with no TV or radio.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

you have a engineer booked. How is it unresolved. you need to wait for the engineer
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you feel this way Barbara33,

We fully understand the implications of having no TV services especially when we have a vulnerable customer who relies upon this service.

I have sent an email to the relevant department asking if there is any possibility that we can bring this appointment forward for you mum. I cannot promise this will happen but I can certainly explain the circumstances.

As soon as I have a response I will come back to you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos