Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Voice control with Alexa

Hi. My dear old Mum has failing eyesight and struggles these days to see what she’s doing on the remote control. She has a v6 box, hub 3.0 and Amazon Echo so my question is, is there any way she can change tv channels on the v6 with her voice? Shouting ‘Alexa turn it to bbc 1’ for example?

Thanks for any answers, even if it’s just a ‘no you can’t ‘

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice control with Alexa

Hi I'm afraid it is no, but you never know in the future what might happen.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice control with Alexa

You can do this with a Logitech Harmony universal remote such as the Elite or any of the other versions that come with the Harmony Hub. This will allow all the equipment to be controlled through Alexa and is reasonably intelligent, in that once it's all set up it will keep track of which devices are on etc. so for instance if you say "Alexa, turn on virgin" it will turn on the TV, switch it to the right channel and switch on the Virgin box, if you were then to say "Turn on DVD" it would change the channel on the TV, turn off the virgin box and turn on the DVD player etc. Obviously though, this does mean an additional purchase and some time spent getting it all set up.

0 Kudos