Menu
Jillhb
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin tv

iv been trying for a week now to cancel virgin tv,,,due to having a smart tv bought for me  I’m no longer using the virgin box to watch tv,,I’m happy with my broadband every time iv phoned up to ask for my package to be changed I get put on hold then disconnected,,all I want is to have the tv part of my package removed and keep my broadband service ,as I’m paying for a service I’m not using...I’m getting so frustrated it takes a lot for me to phone virgin due to my mental health.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv

You can only do this on the phone. Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 9pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00 am (midweek) is best, when you will usually straightaway get to a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful. If you do get put through to an "Offshore" help centre (happens at busy times) just insist that you are calling to cancel and they will have to trasfer you to the UK cancellations department. They will help you do what you want. Note that there is a 30 day notice period and if you are still inside a 1yr contract there will be early redemption charges. If you havent started a new contract recently you will have defaulted onto the 30 day notice contract - so no penalaties apply.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin tv

Hi Jillhb

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having trying to get the TV removed. 

As a rule of thumb, we do not do package changes and will ask the Customer to call in

However due to the circumstances and frustrations this may cause you. 

I will happily look at this.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos