Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin not answering ay all when calling to leave??

Virgin not answering at all when calling to leave??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin not answering ay all when calling to leave??

Not answering today. I've called on 4 separate occasions today. Hung on each time for 30 mins. Yes, 2 hours of my day with music playing.

My post from last night explains why i had to call again. The real frustrating thing for me is yday late morning i got thru straight away, after going thru the usual automatic 1,2,3,4 option choice. I even got through to the UK, Teeside, brucie bonus i thought!

Until last night when i started searching for Sky Cinema channels. The guy in Teeside changed my package for me, or so i thought. Nope! I'm down to basic channels, he obviously messed it up!

Now i cant get through. I know i can go onto the v6 box and add, but u dont get the deals. I had a deal sorted yday, or so i thought, for package + cinema + sports. Wasnt worried about Sports, but it worked out only £1 extra to have cinema+sports than to have just Sky Cinema.

Doesnt seem like VM reps are on here either. Their phone message blames it on coronavirus; what an excuse. Cant sort your own cust serv out so it blame it on something else.

Rant over. Good luck with getting through.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Total disgrace, there is no sport on now anyway, cinema is awful compared to Netflix and the reat of the tv is repeats or on free sat.....no wonder they are not answering. Maybe they are unsure if the phone line is over 2m long or not so they could be at risk of the coronavirus!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 9pm but calling early between 08.00-10.00 am (& midweek) is best, when you will usually get straight to the UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful and the ONLY ones who are allowed to cancel you.
SO if you do get routed to "offshore", they will try to offer you some rubbish deal to stay so just say nope and insist that you only want to cancel and they will have to transfer you to that UK based department. It may be a wait though if you call at busy times.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lots of stories now circulating about call centres in The Philippenes being under staffed & some being temporarily closed as half of the country is now in lockdown.

The good news is you have more chance of getting a UK call centre. Bad news is you may have a loooonnnnggg wait.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/philippines-lockdown-health-workers-struggle-200320120028570.... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks