Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media nightmare as per usual

Well, where the hell do I start!

Media contract up for renewal few months back, called vm BEFORE end of contract, discussed new contract amount, refused. Stated I'm leaving, 3 days later recieve call from retentions, discussed contract renewal, agreed on like for like with reduction in broadband speed.

Left it few weeks, received full price bill for services, contacted retentions via mobile number, rentions call back querying why I contact him, I tell him what we agreed did not happen I have been charged full price. He apologised, went and sorted it out, credits etc, package corrected. I left it at that.

Kept an eye on my bill as it was all to hell, as per usual following contract renewal.

Now today, bill payment due 7th, amount on my account £127, credit limit £130. Services restricted. Called virgin, was told bill is £138 and I'm over credit limit. I must pay £50!!! I said on my virgin app an d online account it states £127 an d credit limit £130. They still demand £50! I argued the matter. Now promise to pay £50 on Friday, services reconnected, called retentions again so they can access my account, but cannot due to outstanding balance. Now waiting in a fkn queue to make a complaint.

I have spent nearly 3 hours on phone with virgin.

Anyone got a bloody clue what they doing!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media nightmare as per usual

Also forgot, retentions agreed a package with me, that still is not correct. 

I have now managed to get a complaint made. What the complaint says I don't know! So will have to wait for replies on here and for complaints team.

Virgin fk up and as per usual the customer got to take the crap.

I've had enough of pish customer services, lack of notes, lack of consideration during this crisis. 

My services are on until Friday then I must pay £50. Then retentions can look into my account.

I'll be cancelling and virgin you can whistle for your money. Total nightmare, if anything you should be paying me compensation for your crap customer service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven_mckinlay

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the account and eager to sort this out.

I'll PM you now so I can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm always eager to sort stuff out, and to sort stuff out BEFORE it becomes an issue. As in this instance. Weeks before renewal, I called to discuss new contract..... Yet here we are 3months later. My account all to fk. My package all to fk. Kids screaming around me for 3hrs, I've spoke to about 7 different people.

Its now 3pm!!!! I've been dealing with this since 10am!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, what can I say. Waste of time. 

John_gs from virgin kindly pm'd me and has a severe lack of what compensation means...... He has looked into my account, and noticed virgin are due me nearly £40, plus as a good will gesture offered kids channels for 12months worth £70 so John_gs advises me. Stating no further compensation will be made.

My reply, well. 

Your compensating me with money that you owe ME.

your compensating me with kids channels (don't forget worth £70), kids channels were meant to be part of my discounted renewal package, same **bleep** channels Ive had since joining virgin.

May I remind you, NO FURTHER COMPENSATION WILL BE OFFERED. John_gs.

So for countless hours speaking to people that have no desire to help the customer or do a good job. Virgin due me money, packages not correct. Promises broken. Viewing suspended due to virgin media account neglect.

I get my money back and kids channels. Now shut up Steven and go away. We can now halt the complaint, and stop a negative complaint being formally logged.

I've got far better things to do that deal with nonsense customer service like this. 

Your compensation sucks, just as much as virgin media customer services.

I feel like copying my convo with John_gs and posting here, on my facebook. Everywhere. Gather some opinions.

Also I'd love to show virgin media high up customer care my service I'm receiving. I wonder what their thoughts would be. 

Anyway. Not paid a thing. I shall await my services to be suspended. This occasion of my services being suspended will result in myself NOT contacting virgin. 

You will lose a customer. Yet my complaint WILL go ahead and be answered.

Fed up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Here you go. Some of the convo....... Oh and I have been advised virgin DON'T listen to phone calls.... What alode of pish.... 

What are the screenshots please? We can't view them here?

Data protection has been passed. I've gone back to the February 2020 bill as easiest to work out from (ie I always prefer a starting point) so from February's bill creation date of the 18th February 2020 to today, you are owed £37.50. 

I have applied this now for you. 

The balance of the account was £138 which includes the Netflix charge. The balance after I credited it is now £100.50. The package is now correct, with the £56.50 being charged correctly on your most recent bill, May 2020.

Kind regards,

John

---------------

Giving me money that's due to me plus offering kids channels that was meant to be part of my discounted package, following multiple phone calls, being told to pay nearly £50 to get my services back on, whilst my bill was 127 and credit limit was 130 (based on MY INFO on my virgin app and online account) in my opinion does not feel like a fair outcome!

Obviously, having a virgin agent actually look at my account and sort it out is a miracle! Thankyou. I knew I was being screwed over.

Also with the kids channels, this was agreed to be part of my package, discounted at agreed price! Thankyou again.

Add the kids channels and give me back what's due money wise! Obviously! 

Now, for **bleep** poor customer services, ranging from customer services to customer care/retentions. Being misadvised numerous times, incompetent advisors, being hung up on, etc

would you like to offer a resolution?

I await your response. 

-----------

As advised above, the offer made is a fair offer. 

There will be no further compensation offered. 

Are you happy to accept my offer? If not, how do you wish to proceed with the complaint?

Kind regards,

John

-------

No not at all

The complaint has several issues;

Billing - Now corrected

The Kids TV dispute - already offered to resolve this part and just waiting on your answer.

We don't offer compensation for time but I am sorry for the issues you've had but I do believe after speaking to me, everything is all sorted.

This is now just waiting on how you wish to proceed with the complaint.

Kind regards

John

------

Your money owed to you I agree is seperate to the complaint but as we have a complaint open it's part of the resolution.

I have offered you a goodwill gesture of the Kids TV free of charge for 1 year as a complaint offer. There will be no further compensation offered. 

How do you wish to proceed with the complaint please? 

Kind regards

John

I'm no fool virgin/John. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Shared for all to see....... Opinions please. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My last message to john_gs today......

Steven_mckinlay
10 minutes ago

Also received this morning my bill, I presume correct as my online account has been wrong for god knows how long. I also presume my services will be suspended.

May I say, I am refusing to make payment until my valid complaint is dealt with accordingly.

Thanks for letting me know virgin was as fault on each of my issues in my complaint. 

Also thanks for telling me no further compensation will be offered than what's due to me. 

Now I'm going to follow that link and see what I have to do next. 

You could have resolved this easily. Fairly. 

But you did not. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How ironic. 

Today I've ranked up! To 'on our wavelength' as in I'm on virgins wavelength...

No I certainly am not. As can clearly be seen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200722_181753_com.aol.mobile.aolapp.jpg

 end result....... Goodbye virgin 

0 Kudos