Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media is a nightmare

Im getting increasingly more annoyed with Virgin, for 3 days now I have no channel guide, all channels just say to be announced so I have not been able to watch any planned viewing, I rang them and after 1 hour and 2 minutes I was disconnected, what with 1 thing after another in the past month I am going to have to leave them for a better service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media is a nightmare

They normally disconnect you between 50-70 mins so that's not unusual. You should be prepared to hold for several houus to get through.

Ignore people on here who'll jump in to say you should text (they also don't reply) or need to call at *exactly* 8am to get through. It's apologetic nonsense designed purely to increase post count.

Remember you'll have to pay a disconnect fee and/or a penalty. Best bet is to file a complaint, then if they don't reply within 8 weeks take it to independent adjudication to get money back. Details are here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice

It's definitely worth filing a complaint so at least you have a record of when the fault started and you tried to get help because, frankly, you won't get through to customer service.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi what box do you have a V6 or a Tivo as the advice is different. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good spot littlemick - apologies to @Poppet1974 that your post has gone unanswered.

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 - if you're not sure, you can check here 

Your TV Guide is updated over the box's internet connection, and it's quite possible the connection has been failing for quite a while if your guide hasn't updated for too long.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos