Menu
Meganx
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin box distorted

• Virgin box not working, tried 2 hdmi cables, 3 hdmi switches. Tried rebooting numerous times but it's been a few days now and pictures still distorted and won't work. 
  • Not the TV because I can watch all the apps built into my TV so definitely the virgin box. Any help is appreciated because I'm currently paying for a service I'm not properly recieving 😩
0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box distorted

Any error messages being displayed?

Meganx
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No nothing. The screen resembles what you used to see back in the day when the weather was bad and the Ariel would be playing up! I've tried to attach a picture but it says the files too big 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Stock answer:

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Helen14
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, ive got the same issue, spoke to virgin engineer and its because of signal issues which they have to come out to fix so give them a ring and get booked in as ive had to wait 4 days 

sandic
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

love the suggestions if only we could get through to the fault reporting

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Meganx and welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your tv service.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that there is a problem with the signal levels as @japitts suggested above.

This would need a technician visit to resolve the issue, I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

Regards

Steven_L