Menu
newapollo
Superstar
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin allowing a pause on both SkySports and BT Sports

VIrgin Media are now allowing customers to pause BT Sports as well as Sky Sports, plus you can still view the channels.
[url="https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thinking-of-leaving/talk-to-us"][/url]

Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we’re giving you the option to pause your payments on Sky Sports and on BT Sport. If you’d like to do this, just enter your details in the secure form below and let us know which payment you’d like to pause. You'll still be able to watch the channels you’ve paused, but you won’t be charged. There’s no need to call us - we’ll make this change as soon as possible, and if we need anything from you we’ll get in touch. We’ll restart your payments automatically, and let you know when that's happening. Thank you for your patience and consideration during this time.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin allowing a pause on both SkySports and BT Sports

Your link does not appear to work, try this one

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thinking-of-leaving/talk-to-us 

Interesting though, does this apply to people who have BT Sport as standard in their package? As I would like to permanently pause it, as I never watch it 🤔

mark_a_carpente
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I filled the form out but it gives no indication as to when the change will happen or send you any kind of confirmation

Also dependand on your package BT sport might be included, it is for me. If not you could cancel it permanently (that's if you can actually get through)

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@mark_a_carpente wrote:

I filled the form out but it gives no indication as to when the change will happen or send you any kind of confirmation

You will get an email to the address you left on the form, & it will happen as soon as a CS agent can put it through. Mine took about 4 days.

Also dependand on your package BT sport might be included, it is for me. If not you could cancel it permanently (that's if you can actually get through)

If you have Sky Sports & BT Sports you can now select either or both, depending on your package. The pause takes the form of a credit, allowing you to keep watching the channels, & without affecting the package on your account.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Cueball99 wrote:

Interesting though, does this apply to people who have BT Sport as standard in their package? As I would like to permanently pause it, as I never watch it 🤔

Erm! No. This is just a credit for the duration of the sports disruption. BTs agreement with Virgin is that their channels are a part of the package you subscribe too, & you cannot opt channels out of those packages.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am well aware of that, I know how it works and know that will never change.

I was just trying to raise the point that there are many people who have no choice but effectively pay for it as part of their package even if they don't want or watch it. They will have no idea that they can claim a credit for a few months.

0 Kudos
Mr_Pringle
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Filled out the form. It will be interesting to see how much they credit. I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package, so I don't pay for Sky/BT Sport separate, but it is a huge part of the value of the pack!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package and have been credited £36.25 for Sky and BT Sports from 23rd March.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I filled in the form when it said just Sky Sports.

Now that BT Sports are included, do I need to submit the form again so it includes both?

0 Kudos
darksideby182
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the ooomph package if I pause the sports part of it will this extend the contract period or will it stay the same. 

0 Kudos