Menu
AlexasSoul
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 Pixelated

789ED124-2551-458B-8354-25B20FAFC8ED.jpeg

I’ve uploaded a quick example of it in the Nick JR logo. You can see it around the characters too. It’s noticeable around everything and I’ve messed with all of the settings on the TV and the Virgin TV box. So please don’t bother telling me to change some setting because I can guarantee I’ve tried it.

The TV I have is

Philips 58 Inch 58PUS7505 Smart 4K Ultra HD LED TV

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 Pixelated

OK as you don't want any suggestions, have you phoned virgin and reported your problem.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you reporting an issue with pixellated and broken pictures? I'm not seeing any major evidence of that in your picture and it's not clear from your description.

Or with picture quality?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AlexasSoul
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I said and have shown, regardless of whether you can see it; The picture is pixelated and nothing I can change is fixing or improving it.

You can’t see how unclear it is around the character outlines or around the channel logo??? 

Another example is I’m watching Britain’s Got Talent right now and it looks like a 360p YouTube video...

0 Kudos
AlexasSoul
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I never said I don’t want any suggestions. I said that I’ve already adjusted all of the settings available and nothing is fixing it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nick JR is an SD channel, and if you're viewing it on a 4K TV, I'm not surprised the image has some issues - I'd question if that could be described as pixellation, but that's symantics.

What are your video output settings set to? You may well need to experiment with whether your V6 box only outputs in 2160 (and therefore does all the upscaling) or perhaps has the option of outputting in 1080 and the TV does the rest.

You are probably also better off by comparing with a channel that's broadcast in at least 1080 to begin with - in other words any HD channel. If you're on the Full-House/XL package, you can also try one of the 4K-UHD channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos