Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin UHD 4K

I have a question that I hope someone could help me with.

Having just looked on VM's home page it states that they are the only ones who provide UHD 4K on BT Sports and Sky Sports. Is this not false advertising to draw in new customers? I find this totally out of order, this, not the first time I've found lies on VM site.

The other was advertising that I could use my old mobile phone as payment against a new phone to pay off my outstanding balance on my current contract. When I phoned to get a new contract I was told that I could no longer do that. Even though it was in black and white on their site. It's about time that VM actually told the truth to new and existing customers. It's an utter disgrace.

Im not saying im the best but im in the top one
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin UHD 4K

BT Sports is available in UHD, Sky sports will be available soon

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does not say that on Virgins home page it says we are the only ones who offer BT and Sky Sports in UHD i would suggest you read it . It does not say coming soon .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which page are you referring to? This one doesn't mention Sky Sports.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/4k-ultra-hd 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

home page says "Watch Sky Sports HD,  BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD and enjoy broadband that’s 3x faster with our Bigger bundle + Sports. Get in!". Does not mention sky sports being in UHD...

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This statement used to be correct ".. provide UHD 4K on BT Sports and Sky Sports."  -  as VM provide BT Sports in UHD 4K and they provide Sky Sports.

BTtv also do both now.

I don't read that sentence as ".. provide UHD 4K on BT Sports and also Sky Sports in UHD 4K."

If you can link to it I would be useful as I can't find it.

@RapsUK wrote:

I have a question that I hope someone could help me with.

Having just looked on VM's home page it states that they are the only ones who provide UHD 4K on BT Sports and Sky Sports. Is this not false advertising to draw in new customers? I find this totally out of order, this, not the first time I've found lies on VM site.

The other was advertising that I could use my old mobile phone as payment against a new phone to pay off my outstanding balance on my current contract. When I phoned to get a new contract I was told that I could no longer do that. Even though it was in black and white on their site. It's about time that VM actually told the truth to new and existing customers. It's an utter disgrace.

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos