Menu
Demetri1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Tv not connecting

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help as am struggling to get through to VM support.

I have an older style VM TIVO box ((SMT-C7100) which has error M58 meaning hasn't connected to Internet for more than 30 days.

There is no light on the Ethernet port at the back of the TIVO box but there is on the back of the hub. I've tried another RJ45 cable but same thing.

I've gone through all the network settings troubleshooting and always ends with “Network Cable Unplugged” even though it isn't.

Is the RJ45 port on the back of the TIVO dead? I can't think what else it could be.

Thanks,

Steve

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Tv not connecting

The TiVo doesn't use the Ethernet port for an internet connection, it has an internal modem.

On the front-left of your TiVo are a series of green lights - the second-from-left has a painted "heart" symbol next to it and is your "online" light giving a status of the TiVo's inbuilt 'net connection.

Static on is good, flashing green is bad and means the internal modem is failing or has failed. That's a service fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos