Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV without an aerial

Hi All,

I have Virgin BB and phone and have Freeview for TV in my lounge. I'd like to be able to watch TV in my bedroom but there's no aerial socket or lead and I don't want trailing wires through the house from the lounge to the bedroom to run an extension (if that's even possible?).

Do I need a terrestrial TV aerial to use virgin media TV or can I get all channels without it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV without an aerial

Hi

You do not need a roof aerial for Virgin TV. 

If you take up a TV package Virgin will install the cabling. Virgin will run the cabling externally if possible. 

Happy to get one of my colleagues to call you about packages etc. Please PM me a contact number and I will arrange this. 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV without an aerial

@elexiah wrote:

Hi All,

I have Virgin BB and phone and have Freeview for TV in my lounge. I'd like to be able to watch TV in my bedroom but there's no aerial socket or lead and I don't want trailing wires through the house from the lounge to the bedroom to run an extension (if that's even possible?).

Do I need a terrestrial TV aerial to use virgin media TV or can I get all channels without it? 

You don’t need a terrestrial aerial as Virgin is not a “Hybrid” service like BT or TalkTalk, but you still need the Virgin coaxial cable connected to the box as well as Ethernet or WiFi. If there is an external route from the external box to the room a new entry point can be made, but otherwise you are still looking at trailing wires within the house.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos