Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV and broadband

• I have limited WiFi - intermimet  in the room that the router is and no TV. Stuck on. Start up. And. Light flashing. Have tried to reset. Turningboff etc. Still. Nothing. I am unable to log in on the website as it won't recognise my account number or email. Address. Can't speak to anyone. I need WiFi for work as I remotely teach and can't get any help with this

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV and broadband

Hello Foxtail92

Sorry to hear this is happening 

Can you check your postcode here please  virg.in/service

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sa6 8pd 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Postcode checked no probs in area

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Foxtail92

Thanks for checking for us - I have located your account and have a quick look; everything is looking ok from this end, no area issues are listed and everything is within the parameters we would expect. We can see that you last rebooted around 36 hours ago. 

May we ask how things are looking over a direct wired connection rather than via WiFi?

In regard to the TV service - is the issue happening on all your boxes? We're not able to connect to them currently; can you confirm that they are switched on and not on standby for us.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The TV box closest to the router is working OK (second bedroom)  however the box in the living room is not. No TV at all. It has also been difficult to connect to WiFi (devices) however after a few times trying you can connect to WiFi if you are in the same room as the router. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back so quickly. Have you tried a wired connection for us please? This will show if the issue is with your connection as a whole or just the WiFi. 

In regard to the TV that is not working - can you confirm is this is switched on and not in standby? It should have a white light on the front. Are you getting anything on the screen at all - any error messages? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Message on screen just says start up and that's it.  I had red and white flashing lights and 2 symbols on the front if the box. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Foxtail92,

Thanks for coming back to us. Just running some diagnostics.

Is there a light on the front on the box?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes flashing red then white 

0 Kudos